Christmas waste collection
During the festive period, your usual recycling and refuse collections may take place on different days - here's everything you need to know about this year's Christmas collection schedule.
Normal collections resume on Monday 14 January 2019.
All refuse and recycling should be out for collection by 6am over Christmas and New Year. Please note that collections may take place up to one day later than show, with possible extra collections on Saturdays.
Garden waste collections over Christmas
There will be NO garden or bulk waste collections for two weeks - garden collection resumes normal service on Monday 7 January 2019 on your usual day.
When's my collection day?
Recycling tips and advice
Not sure which festive items go in what bin? Check our handy guide below:
- Don't put plastic bags in your green or brown bins
- Your bin lids must close completely and bin straps must be removed before collection day
- Dark plastic food trays, crisp packets and plastic/carrier bags should be placed in your grey refuse bin
- Please place sanitary waste in your grey refuse bin
- Food waste packaging should be emptied of its contents and rinsed before placing your green recycling bin
- We cannot collect any side refuse next to your grey bin - make sure you recycle everything you can
Pilgrims Hospice Treecycling
Why not support the Pilgrims Hospice by signing up to their treecycling service?
The service will run from Saturday 12 January 2019, and residents across the borough can have their tree collected in return for a donation of their choice.
Register your interest on the Pilgrims Hospices website, or call 01233 504111.